Friday, August 14, 2009

Step 21 -- Podcasts

Podcasts are a big thing at our house. My husband creates one about every month for his company. He and his coworkers produce a funny and clever (usually) skit. They interview members of management, introduce new employees, pass along company information. It's been a good way for his company to communicate with its staff. Plus he downloads several political podcasts to his iPod to listen to on his way home from work, when he's relaxing, or whenever he has time. He was a bit upset when his company blocked several of the sites from which he gets his political entertainment.

The quality of the podcasts I listened to was quite good, although I am not a real audiophile. I'm not sure I would subscribe to any, but that's mostly because I get my information from books and the newspaper. I don't watch much tv or listen to the radio and podcasting is kind of like that. Although, the timeshifting would be useful (like recording a tv show to watch later).

This would be another great forum for student book talks and probably easier to do than videotape. Kids might listen to the book reviews by their peers. Or we could let people know about the news books we get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment