Friday, August 14, 2009

Step 23 -- Whoop! I'm done!

This was actually a very good thing to do. I just should have started working on it in June :-)

I think the neatest thing was LibraryThing. I would love to organize my home library although it would probably just be easier to make a spreadsheet with a list of all of my books. I liked all the groups and book reviews. I can see going back to this again.

Delicious seems like a great way to take my bookmarks from computer to computer. Sometimes I just can't remember where to find the site I want. I don't think I'd want to share though. I don't think most people would be interested in the sites I bookmark.

Facebook is interesting, although I'm not much of a poster. (I feel the same about Twitter.) I've connected with some family and friends, but there are things that they post that make me wonder why they would want to. Maybe I just don't understand. And I can't imagine my life being interesting enough to other people to Twitter the details of my day.

The BlogReader, RSS Feeds, Digg, LibraryWorm, Wikis, YouTube, and PodCasts could very easily be major time hogs. There's so much to look at. I had to stop following some blogs and twitterers because the quantity of information was overwhelming.

I'm just curious how much of these tools will be available at school. Thanks so much for putting this all together for us. I've learned a lot -- more than I thought I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment